Donnerstag, 5. Oktober 2023

Tent In A Tent

You should have brought a flyswatter
To this dark and lonely place
You should have used some cold water
To wash your weary face
And I'm stuck in delirium
It's supposed to carry me on
I am waiting and I'm wading into night

All dreamers alike
When I come home at night,
I go into my tent in a tent
And I turn off the light

On the other side of it
The wrong side of the lake
We try to keep our eyes open
As we walk among the shades
And I'm starting to disappear
'til I'm only a voice that you hear
And it's saying oh baby, glad you're here

All dreamers alike
When I come home at night,
I crawl into my tent in a tent
And I turn off the light

Unzip
The cold air wraps the stars
And the trees
Are like prison bars
Torches
Flicker and go out
Midnight waves
First silent, then loud
Dearest
Famous last words
Leave me now
I can hear the birds

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.