Samstag, 28. März 2020

The Terrific Lights

18.10.2019 - 7.3.2020

Skid marks and glass shards and gasoline smell
Red fluid flowing as if from a well
An open-eyed nightmare, a glimpse into hell
Exactly what happened I still cannot tell

Way to work
The day has just begun
Nothing is broken
And still the damage is done

Where will you turn to in case of need?
The first aid kit is under the seat
A second of dreaming - a lifetime of sleep
PDC and ECG - continuous beep

Way to go
End of story, goodbye, the end
Everything is okay
Or so I pretend

Gazing at my normal vital signs
Tell me, why am I so ill at ease?
And why must I be in a quarantine
When everyone has this disease?

Way home
The images are gone
Nothing is broken
But the damage cannot be undone

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.