(finished 14.9.2019)
Sinking hopes
Fetch me water, fetch you wine
Sit next to me one last time
So that I can smell your hair
The stage is set and I wonder when
We start to talk things over (again)
I am waiting
For you to fall down to your knees
When the tears and the well-chosen words are released
When you say that you can't go on like this
And when you're alone it's not me that you miss
But you keep me in suspense and I find that hard to bear
It's like spending a week in Atlantis without air
Now we sleep in separate beds
We're raising walls inside our heads
To heighten the effect
I lie awake in the failing light
You come home later every night
I am waiting
For you to fall down to the floor
When you find out you ain't twenty-one anymore
You drink and you smoke too much
And if that's not enough you flinch from my touch
I look for hope in your eyes but find only a blank stare
It's like spending a week in Atlantis without air
Remember how it started?
We were stumbling over empty bottles
Drunk but happy, looking for our clothes
Now the party's over
And the years have passed
And all that's left is not all right
But this is how it goes
After all the things you did it must be you who ends this
So I'm catching breath for another week in Atlantis
O Atlantis
Samstag, 14. September 2019
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.