Freitag, 14. Januar 2011

Movies: I Take My Leave

inspired by "Into The Wild"
dedicated to Susanne
written 14.01.2011

I came here from far away
And soon I will move on
But before I hit the street
Again I'll sing a song
Of that constant wanderlust
Which brought me to your place
This relentless restlessness
Is written in my face

Since I've started music
I have never owned a car
But I've learned my sneaker feet
Can take me really far
It is a desire that
Drives me across the land
I'm walking down the highway
With my guitar in my hand

I'm seeking inspiration
Where nobody ever goes
Where the trees are low
I light a fire and compose
Trying to transcribe the
Gentle twittering of a bird
Writing lyrics until
I've used every English word

I have to go again ...
I have to grow again ...

I've been to lots of cities
And the countryside I roamed
I feel like I've seen the world
Now I want to go home
I think it is only fun
To take leave and make tracks
If you have a safe place
To return and to relax

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.