Samstag, 14. Februar 2009

Night Walk

(geschrieben um das Jahr 2005, zu hören auf meinem ersten Album "Fragile Answers")

I walk around in the night
Because I feel no affection for light
In darkness you are alone
With your feelings and a life on your own
Wind is blowing and thoughts are growing
The silence amplifies the mood
And I am walking down the streets
It's an invisible force that leads

Oh, why is this world so cruel to me?
I don't want to see, just want to be myself
And I don't want to look back, see how I was before
I walk away

I leave behind my old life
No longer walking on the edge of a knife
Freedom is here, on the road
It surrounds me like a good warm coat
The moon is rising, it's mesmerizing
I stop to watch the silver disc
And if I were a wolf tonight
I'd start to howl to show my sudden delight

Oh, why is this world so cruel to me?
I don't want to see, just want to be myself
And I don't want to look back, see how I was before
I walk away

Silence has lain on the street
All I hear now is the sound of my feet
I feel no need for a break
Am I dreaming or am I still awake?
The road seems ancient and time is patient
There's no pressure that urges
The sky is as clear as the air that I breathe
Oh, how I wish that this night would never leave

Oh, why is this world so cruel to me?
I don't want to see, just want to be myself
And I don't want to look back, see how I was before
I walk away

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.