Samstag, 29. Januar 2022

From A Bridge Across The Highway

From a bridge across the highway, I used to look around
Leaning on the metal fence and listening to the sound
To all the different colors of crescendo and decay
My dear, I was delayed, but now I'm on my way

From a bridge across the highway, I used to wave at cars
Strangers going somewhere, like memories they pass
When I consider where I am and where I was before
It seems like the old schemes are not working anymore

Please look up to me when you drive by
Do you know how long I've stood here all alone?
Please look after me until I die
'cause you know I cannot make it on my own

From a bridge across the highway, I used to watch the lights
Shining eyes of red and white and even blue at times
The intercity loneliness is best in cars and trains
Day and night, the land is pumping people through its veins

From a bridge across the highway, I used to drop some leaves
They'll find their way down, floating on the ever-present breeze
Every now and then I see a truck that rumbles by
I'd love to jump on top of it to hitch a hidden ride    

Like a hero in an action movie
I'll go to great lengths if you don't listen to me
But I would rather hear your voice 'cause it's soothing
And until then, I'll spend my time here, musing

Please look up to me when you drive by
Do you know how long I've stood here all alone?
Please look after me until I die
'cause you know I cannot make it on my own

On a bridge across the highway, I am under a charm
The stream of cars is running dry, the asphalt is still warm
Heated by the sun and by a hundred thousand wheels
I should go down there barefoot to find out how it feels

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.